What is it?
Clinical Pilates provides a form of exercise that is low impact, safe, easy to perform and especially beneficial both before and after childbirth.
All classes at Kardinya Physiotherapy are taken by one of our experienced clinical pilates trained physiotherapist who have received training in women’s health and are acutely aware of the need of women who are pregnant and post-partum.
Who can it help?
Our Pregnancy Pilates classes are specifically suited for women either after child birth or who are pregnant.
During the initial assessment your physiotherapist will determine if pilates is going to be beneficial and safe and will design an individual pilates program specifically tailored to your requirements. Some examples of who our pregnancy pilates can help include:
- Post-natal back, pelvic and hip pain or problems
- Back and pelvic pain during pregnancy
- To enhance recovery of abdominal and pelvic muscles after childbirth
- Pregnant women wishing to prevent future back and pelvic issues
- Pregnant women sesceptible to lumbar and pelvic complaints
How can it help?
Some of the benefits of Clinical Pilates during pregnancy and after child birth include:
- Enhanced strength and control of abdominal and pelvic muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduced back pain, hip pain and pelvic pain
- Improved recovery of abdominal and pelvic muscle strength after birth
- Improved general strength and flexibility to reduce recovery time an prevent future pain and problems