I would like to update everyone on our current situation, and want to give you as much information as possible about what we are doing to keep you safe.
To maintain the health of both staff and patients, we are kindly asking the following:
- Anyone who has returned from overseas, regardless of country visited, to not attend the clinic during your 2 week isolation period.
- Anyone who has developed flu like and/or respiratory symptoms since returning, or after being in contact with someone who has returned from overseas, are asked to reschedule their physiotherapy appointment and instead seek medical review via their GP clinic. It is suggested that you phone ahead to your GP clinic as it may be possible for testing to be arranged without you visiting the surgery.
- If you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or someone who is at high risk of a positive test, then we ask that you do not attend for a physiotherapy appointment or exercise session until you are cleared by a medical agency to do so.
- If you are feeling unwell, or have and cold or flu symptoms, then we ask that you do not enter the clinic and proactively reschedule your appointment by calling us to when you are feeling better.
As a health clinic, we have always practiced high standards of hygiene. This includes strict hand hygiene practices, wiping down surfaces between clients and use of disposable face covers. We will obviously continue to do this, but have increased our hygiene measures:
- We are increasing the cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces that may be touched by staff and clients, with cleaning agents the Department of Health recommends are effective for COVID-19 (and other diseases).
- We ask that all clients wash their hands with alcohol gel provided as soon as they enter the clinic.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting all gym surfaces and exercise equipment between each class or patient usage.
- We are not accepting anyone who is symptomatic or at risk of infection at this stage. We ask that you do not enter the clinic and instead call us to reschedule.
Please do your best to care for others, by practicing excellent hand washing and hygiene, and above all staying away if you are unwell. If you attend with cold and flu symptoms, you may politely be asked to reschedule your session.
Thank you for your cooperation with the above.
Above all it is business as usual, as we are still working to proactively look after our clients’ pain and injuries. We are adhering to our obligation to do everything reasonably practicable to ensure the health and safety of anyone who enters the workplace and in doing so believe the risk of infection at the clinic is significantly lower than the general community.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yours in Health,